Caregiving takes a lot of time. Even if you had spare time to daydream in the first place, it’s probably gone now. However you must give yourself a mental break once in a while.
The following list is intended to make you think back to a simpler time in your past, and possibly one in your future. Use them sparingly (one at a time), or be a glutton (overdose on all of them at the same time).
The goal here is to make you feel better. If you really want to make yourself feel better, use this as a “to do” list. Please pass the list on to others who may need it.
- Falling in love
- Laughing so hard your face hurts
- A hot shower
- No lines at the Super Wal-Mart
- A special glance
- Getting mail-other than bills or junk mail
- Taking a drive on a pretty road
- Hearing your favorite song on the radio
- Lying in bed listening to the rain outside
- Hot towels out of the dryer
- Finding the sweater you want is on sale for half price
- Chocolate milkshake. (or vanilla!)
- A long distance phone call
- A bubble bath
- A good conversation